Tuesday, March 26, 2013

10 reasons why being a mom is the best job I never got paid for.

There are obviously more than 10 reasons why I love being a mom. But at some point I would just be rambling and you would be bored and might never read my blog again. And we can't have that, now can we?

Being a mother has changed me in so many aspects. Some are good, some are funny, sometimes I feel like I'm disappearing into the rabbit hole. But hey, you came here for a list of 10 things I LURVE about being a mama, so let's get crackin' on a countdown.

10. There is a tiny human that has 1/2 of my DNA running around in the world. Crawling, running, whatever. The point is, he has ever refining gross motor skills that propel him about.

9. One day there was nothing in my uterus, the next day he BEGAN. He kept growing and lived INSIDE MY BODY, dude. I grew him, that's whack.

8. He is just as handsome as his Daddy, just like I hoped.

7. When I go places, people "ooh" and "ahh" over how cute he is. It helps to remind me that even though he grates my nerves at 2am, at least he has some redeeming qualities. Like his aesthetics.

6. This kid is F-U-N-N-Y. Comic relief any time I need it. TYVM, universe.

5. My heart feels like its going to explode every day with love. And then little love seeds will get planted every where and solve world hunger n' shit.

4. I get to be part of the incredible duo of parents who teach another human about life. I will be there the first time he does so many things for the first time. Can you imagine what it must feel like to feel sand under your feet for the VERY FIRST TIME? *I* got to be there for that.

3. His skin is soft and he likes to hold my hand.

2. He has the best laugh.

1. I have a legacy. Someone to give better to than what I had, someone to pass my morals on to, someone who could possibly change the world.

Thanks for reading my sap-happy list of things. Most of these things other people wouldn't understand but maybe if you're a mama too, you get it. Thanks for reading.

Peace and Blessings,
Smart Mouthed Mama

3 comments:

  1. Exactly right - I like to read & you are funny!

    I bet Daddy's happy he's as handsome as he is, too. Guaranteed DNA match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totes get it. See, Lisa does too and she thinks you're funny ;)

    ReplyDelete